Fox News Flash tip headlines for Dec. 4
Fox News Flash tip headlines for Dec. 4 are here. Check out what’s clicking on Foxnews.com
A North Carolina lady died Tuesday after her oxygen tank exploded — caused by an ignition from a cigarette she was smoking, investigators said.
Belinda Coble, 61, was being administered oxygen during her home in Zebulon, around 25 miles easterly of Raleigh, while she was smoking. The cigarette lighted a tank, sparking a tiny blast and fire, according to officials.
MANY VETERANS FUMING OVER NATIONWIDE SMOKING BAN ON VA FACILITIES GROUNDS
Coble’s father was defunct in a apart room during a time of a incident, WNCN reported, citing a Nash County Sheriff’s Office. The sounds of a blast and a fume alarm reportedly woke him adult and he quick extinguished a tiny fire.
Belinda Coble, 61, died during her North Carolina home on Tuesday while on oxygen, officials said.
He called 911 and when puncture responders arrived during a scene, Coble was dead, a sheriff’s bureau said.
TRANSPLANT DOCTOR REJECTS DAMAGED DONATED LUNGS FROM CHAIN-SMOKER
Oxygen Concentrator Store, that reserve unstable oxygen machines, wrote in a 2015 blog post that smoking while regulating an oxygen appurtenance or being nearby one is dangerous, and urged people to equivocate doing it.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
“If a hint catches a oxygen and has a fuel source, it will light and widespread intensely fast,” a blog post read. “The ‘fuel source’ can be anything from a tiny patch of dry grass, a carpet, or your wardrobe or hair.”
Experts advise to keep a 10-foot radius between a oxygen tank and people who are smoking, “or from campfires or other open flames.”