The Israeli military’s Civil Administration, which enforces policy in the assigned West Bank, has on Wednesday authorized 1,122 new housing units opposite 20 opposite settlements opposite the assigned territory, according to NGO Peace Now.
Tenders for some 651 of the units were published Wednesday, including in Emanuel, Ariel, Adam, Maale Adumim and Beitar Illit. Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman says formulation to allege 2,500 some-more homes in also to be authorized this week.
Peace Now warned that nonetheless serve enlargement of the settlements risks doing some-more mistreat to the assent routine with the Palestinians, expanding deeper into lands that would eventually need to be partial of an eccentric Palestine.
The timing of the pierce is also lifting questions, coming after a terror attack in the West Bank that had many settlers job for “revenge.” Such punish tends to come in the form of new restrictions on the Palestinians and new expansions of settlements.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Treasury Secretary Expects More Sanctions on Iran – Jan 11th, 2018
- Trump Says He ‘Probably’ Has Good Relationship With Kim Jong Un – Jan 11th, 2018
- US Deployed Nuke-Capable Bombers to Guam During Korea Talks – Jan 11th, 2018
- Key Senator: Progress Made on New US War Authorization – Jan 11th, 2018
- Pentagon Investigates Video of US Soldier Shooting Afghan Civilian – Jan 11th, 2018
Jason Ditz is news editor of Antiwar.com.
View all posts by Jason Ditz