Here’s a demeanour at the week forward on the “Sunday Morning” Calendar:
On Monday, author Danielle Steel celebrates her 70th birthday.
- (“The Early Show,” 09/21/10)
- (CBS News, 07/16/08)
- Follow @DanielleSteel on Twitter and Facebook
- Danielle Steel’s latest book is “The Right Time” (Macmillan)
Tuesday sees a special primary election in Alabama to fill the Senate chair vacated by Jeff Sessions.
- Alabama Senate Special Election Release (alabama.gov)
Wednesday marks the 40th anniversary of the death of Elvis Presley at his Graceland palace at the age of 42.
- elvis.com (Official site)
- The Guest House at Graceland, Memphis
- Graceland (Official site)
- Follow @VisitGraceland on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube
- 10 fascinating contribution about The King
- How a $4 dollar recording gave birth to Elvis (“CBS Evening News,” 01/08/15)
- Mark Knoller: Covering the death of Elvis (“CBS Evening News,” 08/16/07)
- Almanac: When Nixon met Elvis (“Sunday Morning,” 12/21/14)
On Thursday Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and Secretary of Defense James Mattis horde their Japanese counterparts at a confidence assembly in Washington.
Friday kicks off the Pokémon World Championships in Anaheim, California — 3 days’ worth of label trade and video competitions.
- 2017 Pokémon World Championships, Anaheim Convention Center, Anaherim, Calif. (August 18-20)
- (CBS News, 07/22/17)
- (CBS News, 07/15/16)
- (CBS News, 07/21/16)
And Saturday is National Aviation Day, a jubilee of moody that is held every year on the birthday of aviation colonize Orville Wright.
- National Aviation Day, Aug 19 (First Flight Society)
- (“Sunday Morning,” 05/03/15)
- (“CBS This Morning,” 04/01/13)
- The Wright Brothers the Invention of the Aerial Age (Smithsonian)
- The Wright Brothers at The Henry Ford, Dearborn, Michigan